Doctor of Business Administration
The adjudication panel will look for evidence of sufficient management knowledge, skills and competencies; appropriate work and management experience; progressive professional development; leadership potential; intellectual curiosity; a commitment to dedicating time to the program; and a capacity to take on independent applied research.
The following will be used in assessing the eligibility of applicants for admission:
In order to apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the status of your application at any time.
Applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, for all credit courses and/or programs.Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
All international transcripts and credentials are subject to an international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
Letters of Reference
- Three letters of reference that attest to the qualities of intellectual curiosity, ethical behaviors, independent thinking, responsible leadership, and motivation to complete the program. Ideally, two of which should be from individuals qualified to speak specifically to the applicant's academic qualifications and ability to conduct research at the doctoral level.
Candidates will be expected to develop an initial three to five-page proposal which includes:
- Statement of proposed investigation that defines an actual problem situation and draws on relevant literature;
- Statement of anticipated contributions of proposed investigation in relation to the areas of management research, management practice, knowledge economy, globalization and sustainability;
- Statement of career goals and how the program links to those goals as well as the impact the program may have.
- Education: Include all higher education institutions attended and specify if any degrees, diplomas, and certificates were awarded.
- Professional Experience: Please include name of organization, position, length of service (including months and years), and a description of responsibilities. As well, indicate all progressively senior-level appointments and/or points of increased levels of decision-making authority.
- Voluntary/Unpaid Work Experience: Include organization title, length of service, and a brief description of duties and responsibilities.
- Professional Memberships/Affiliations: List memberships and positions held in professional associations, service clubs, and the community/volunteer sector.
- Other Relevant Information: Provide any other information that may be of assistance to the review committee.
- A writing sample may be requested (e.g., thesis chapter, academic or professional report/publication).
- An interview may be required with the applicant to determine their suitability for admission.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
- Any other information or documents as may be requested to determine your eligibility.
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the document submission guidelines.