Immigration Advising

COVID-19 Updates

Immigration and application processes and processing times are currently being impacted by COVID-19. For information and updates from IRCC, please visit the IRCC website.

For more information, please visit Royal Roads University's response to COVID-19.


Student Engagement provides immigration advising to students through presentations, workshops, and one-on-one appointments with a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA). It’s important to know how RISIA’S can assist you.

  • Study permits
  • Co-op/internship work permits
  • Post-graduation work permits
  • Temporary resident visas and electronic travel authorizations
  • Permits and visas for a student’s spouse and/or dependents


Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIA) at Royal Roads cannot provide support or advice on permanent residency (e.g., Express Entry or BC PNP), citizenship options, permits not related to student status, or immigration documents for other countries, and RISIAs cannot complete applications for students or represent them to IRCC. However, Student Services invites Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) or Immigration Lawyers to provide general information on Pathway to permanent residency through Express Entry and the BC PNP.

*Note: Immigration Info Session - Pathway to Permanent Residency through Express Entry and the BC PNP recording links are posted below. The presenters (an RCIC and an Immigration Lawyer) are not Royal Roads staff but they have generously shared their knowledge and expertise with Royal Roads students through these presentations. The information shared in the recording may change or be removed without notice. 


Is COVID-19 impacting permanent residency pathways?

      • For information on how COVID-19 is impacting the BC Provincial Nominee Program, including in-class requirements for international students, please visit the BC PNP website.
      • For information on how COVID-19 is impacting federal permanent residency programs, please visit the IRCC website

Please contact an RCIC or Immigration Lawyer for any further questions or assistance regarding permanent residency.



To assist you with various immigration permits and visa applications you may encounter as an international student, please review our application tip sheets and IRCC application guides.


As an international student, you are responsible for maintaining your status in Canada and following the conditions of your immigration documents. For more information visit Immigration,Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada, the Royal Roads University is required to report to IRCC on international student enrolments and academic status. To learn more about the compliance reporting and student enrolment status options, please visit the IRCC website.


The Royal Roads study permit reminder system helps you stay on top of your study permit expiry date by emailing you reminders before the expiry date. To enrol in the study permit reminder system, please visit MyAdmin. After you enter the expiry date of your study permit, the reminder system will send you an email a few months before your study permit will expire so that you can renew on time.


  • Immigration Drop-in hours are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except for stat holidays) from 12 pm-1 pm PST on Blackboard Collaborate

The drop-in hours are available for those who are accepted to a program and also to current students who are pursuing their studies at Royal Roads. For general immigration questions, please join the Immigration Advising Drop-in hours. For individual immigration advising please book an appointment online.

  • Book an Immigration Advising appointment using our online booking system

Royal Roads University provides immigration advising to students through one-on-one appointments with a Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor (RISIA). Assistance is available for study permits, student work permits (including co-op work permits and post-graduation work permits), temporary resident visas, and eTAs.

- If you have been accepted to a program but have yet to start, please book your appointment with Kelsey Phillips.

- If you are a current student who has started a program, please book your appointment with Viral Mangukia or Dranna Andrews-Brown