The MA in Learning and Technology responds to the demand for qualified professionals in the field of technology-mediated learning and education and the need for management level individuals who have the knowledge, skills and ability to assume the leadership roles that are required to plan, design, develop, implement and evaluate contemporary learning environments. The typical learner profile for this program is cross-sectoral and includes some of following role and sectors:
- Training and Development – Department of National Defense, NGO’s
- Education and Development Managers – Health Care
- Training Managers and Directors of Learning - Banking, Healthcare, Post Secondary, Private Sector
- Higher education faculty, instructors and teaching and learning centre directors
- K-12 educators and administrators
The emphasis of the program is on learning and learning processes, planning for learning, designing for learning, facilitating learning, and assessing learning, all of which take place in technology-mediated environments. In this program you apply theoretical and practical knowledge of learning and critically analyze and evaluate how learning is being shaped in the digital age as well as how to facilitate it using technology.