The 18-credit Graduate Diploma in Technology-enhanced Learning and Design combines the learnings from the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design with three essential components of the Master of Arts in Learning and Technology program at Royal Roads University. By combining the two programs you will have access to, and a better understanding of, the pedagogical foundation required to effectively design in a technology-enhanced learning environment.
Who Is it For?
This diploma program is ideal for educators, trainers, and developers from within the private and public sectors seeking new skills to advance their career. The current marketplace is seeking applicants with a formal background in instructional design as well as the ability to work within technology-enhanced learning environments.
You will have the opportunity to use your real-world experience and apply what you are learning through the use of a variety of proven-effective online methodologies and approaches, strategically paired with today’s best practices in the field of learning. You will practice the theoretical concepts learned in the classroom on a variety of situations, ensuring you develop practical experience with tools you can use within your organization.
This 12-month, 18-credit program was developed to provide instructional designers in traditional education or corporate environments with the skills required for success in the current job market. The program incorporates principles of networked learning, openness and a digital mindset. Students will collaborate and contribute meaningfully to digital learning networks and communities in the field.
Graduates of this diploma program will have displayed their proficiency within the following areas:
- Communicate and synthesize information and arguments at the graduate level
- Critically evaluate how learning occurs in a variety of contexts
- Design and create research-informed digital learning environments
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills
- Develop and analyze support strategies to meet the needs of stakeholders in digital learning environments
- Select appropriate assessment and evaluation strategies for digital learning environment
- Contribute meaningfully to digital learning network(s) and communities
- Explain the interrelationship between innovation, change and digital learning environments and their impact on organizations and society
- Apply reflective processes to improve professional practice
- Critically evaluate and/or produce research
The Graduate Diploma in Technology-enhanced Learning and Design is an applied program, meaning you will have multiple opportunities to test your new skills within a safe and supportive environment.