- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 3 years of paid work experience within the higher education sector, including some leadership* experience
Emerging leaders who have fewer than three years of leadership* experience, yet have been in recent leadership or people management role(s) for two years or more, demonstrate exceptional leadership potential through their professional and life experiences, are preparing for further leadership roles, and otherwise meet the standard admissions criteria, are encouraged to apply.
- To be considered for Flexible Admission, applicants would normally require a minimum of 7 years of work experience in the higher education sector, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership* experience
*Leadership experience could include one or more fo the following:
- Roles in which you consult, negotiate with, or manage diverse interest groups through relationship, in a complex environment
- Roles in which you lead others toward shared goals and outcomes
- Roles in which you influence, organize, and coordinate groups of people
- Leadership roles in volunteer organizations
- Formal organizational leadership roles in which you directly supervise staff or complete performance-oriented work with individuals, groups, or teams
- Overcoming a challenging life experience (for self or others), which involved navigating complex systems and resulted in positive community change beyond the individual
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- Applications are assessed through an integrated and consolidated review of academic credentials, work experience, and personal experience; because of the holistic nature of this review, all applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please ensure that you demonstrate your leadership experience in your detailed resume, and clearly indicate how your years of experience meet the Standard or Flexible Admission requirements.