The Graduate Diploma in Global Leadership (GDGL) program builds on the course content of the Graduate Certificate in Global Leadership program and addresses the need in society to educate and develop emerging and existing leaders in both the private and public sector who are capable of working in global or multicultural contexts. The program focuses on enhancing capacities to think systemically and communicate with diverse peoples across a multi-cultural context.
This 9-month blended program is comprised of online learning and an intensive on-campus residency designed to build and enhance globally minded leadership capabilities. The program starts with a 3-credit foundational course that is delivered online over 10 weeks and addresses the theoretical and personal foundations of global leadership. This course is followed by a 9-credit course over 10 weeks, which begins with three weeks of online learning, followed by a two-week on campus residency and five week of online learning. Upon completion of the two required courses, students will complete two online elective from the following list.
GBLD510: Social Structures and Dynamics within Social-Purpose Organizations
GBLD511: Strategic Analysis, Decision Making and Evaluation
GBLD520: Navigating Geo-Political Dynamics of Global Communities
GBLD521: Community Development in a Global Context
GBLD522: Managing Difficult Relationships Within and Across Community Dynamics
GBLD535: International Cultural Leadership Field Trip: Strategic Partnerships
Specific topics covered through program include:
- What it means to be a global leader for all professionals and business executives working in an international context or having global purposes
- Drivers of global change and how to respond to them
- Tools and techniques on how to manage conflict and tensions across multi-cultural contexts
- Intercultural communication and skill building
- Facilitation skills in a cross cultural context
- Personal resiliency and adaptability
- International governance, organizational leadership or international community development
Who It’s For:
The GDGL program is ideal for professionals and executives who work with a global orientation within their own country or in an international setting. As well as for those working in community based organizations, government agencies, international NGOs, military, international education, social enterprises among others. You are resilient and are anchored to values of sustainability and social purpose and have a strong desire to be more globally minded, self-aware, and socially responsible, through your work.
As a graduate, you will apply practical tools and strategies to address various issues, challenges, and opportunities, related to global leadership including:
- Personal awareness working in a global context
- Systems thinking skills
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Capability to lead in a diverse global context
Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Global Leadership can transfer these credits directly into the MA in Global Leadership Program.