Whether it is managing social media, dealing with an issue, or building relationships with stakeholders, the role of the corporate communication professional is more complex than ever. This six-month Graduate Certificate will improve your management of internal and external corporate communication, solidify your understanding of stakeholder and public relations and enable you to develop a deeper understanding of social media strategy and governance.
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Communication Management consists of three courses:
- LEAD 580 Leadership, Community and Collaboration in a Complex Environment
- PCOM 633 Strategic Communication Management
- PCOM 520 Social Media Strategy and Governance.
You will begin the program with LEAD 580 which consists of an online pre-residency component, a one-week on-campus residency and post-residency online work. The residency allows students to examine a leadership challenge through a live case and explore dimensions of personal and strategic leadership, the dynamics of personal and organizational change, and the communication professional’s role as a catalyst for change. PCOM 520 and PCOM 633 are delivered entirely online including dynamic activities and creative synchronous and asynchronous discussion forums
Who It’s For
This certificate has been designed for communication professionals directly responsible for organizational or corporate communication including managers who wish to strengthen their ability to manage communication strategically and leverage traditional, digital, and social media to strengthen relationships with stakeholders, customers, and other key groups.
Applicants who do not have the formal academic education to qualify for admission may be assessed on the basis of both their formal education and their informal learning, in accordance with the Flexible Admission Policy.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and collaboration skills in complex business environments.
- Develop skills to create a strategic communication plan for your organization.
- Manage social media effectively and be able to incorporate all digital media into communication planning and delivery.
- Demonstrate the return on investment of public relations and communications.
- Create and support the framework of stakeholder relations.
- Manage crisis situations and protect the organization’s reputation when under threat.
- Build the skillset needed to work at the executive level effectively.
The program’s flexible schedule allows you to further your education while maintaining professional and personal responsibilities. The certificate can be applied in full toward the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies; and up to six credits into the MA in Professional Communication; and the MBA in Executive Management program, as long as admission into those programs has been granted. Please speak to our enrolment advisors at 1.877.778.6227 for information.