Doctor of Social Sciences
- Normally, a master’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or related field;
- Evidence of experience related to the degree program;
- Normally a minimum of 10 years with senior level decision-making authority;
- A competitive, interdisciplinary, applied research proposal that reflects current research foci in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Royal Roads University.
No Flexible Admission process for this program. All applicants must have a recognized master's degree.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- Application documents to the DSocSci program are to be submitted to the RRU Admissions Office where files will be prepared for review by the DSocSci Adjudication Committee.
- Admission selection will reflect a number of factors, including the applicant's academic skills and ability, the alignment of the proposed dissertation topic with the applied and academic goals of the degree, available faculty expertise to supervise the proposed dissertation, and the desire to balance topic areas within the cohort across areas of research expertise within the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences.
- A telephone interview may be required.