Campus Ambassadors assist with a range of orientation and welcome activities. These activities are hosted by different departments within Royal Roads University, including; Student Services, the Office of International Collaboration & Development, and Professional & Continuing Studies.
- Assisting with orientations and RRU annual events
- Representing RRU and providing campus tours to new students and delegates
- Mentoring new students and providing information to support their journey
- Sharing your life changing experience at RRU
Through this program students gain a wide range of transferrable skills which are beneficial to their daily work life including:
- Teamwork: collaborating and learning from others
- Resilience: dealing and responding with challenging questions and behaviour
- Innovative: implementing new strategies to engage people during events
- Public Speaking: conducting campus tours, visiting classrooms, and giving presentations
- Leadership: leading teams and providing direction to achieve goals.
- Empowerment: developing confidence and strength
Campus Ambassadors will receive F.I.R.S.T benefits:
- Fame: Photos and videos will be posted on the university's website
- Invitation: An invitation to the exclusive Campus Ambassador Volunteer Appreciation Party!
- Recognition: A certificate and reference letter for volunteer service, upon completion of responsibilities
- Swag: A Campus Ambassador T-Shirt
- Training: One-day training, which will include leadership and team building training in addition to role specific information
Benefits are not limited to the above, but there are other benefits such as helping others, meeting new students, and personal and professional growth by having better understanding and connection to the campus community. Learn more about volunteering in British Columbia and Canada.
Recruitment and Training
New Campus Ambassadors are recruited and trained twice a year.
- Fall Recruitment: October16, 2018 - December 19, 2018 | Mandatory Training: January 5, 2019 | Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm.
Applicants must be in good standing academically and must maintain satisfactory academic progress as required by the university. To apply simply fill out the online application form.
Rights and Responsibilities
Campus Ambassadors have the responsibility to familiarize themselves with the university's policies and are expected to practice and foster an environment in which individual learning and development is maximized.
For more information about the Campus Ambassador program, contact Student Engagement.