Students bring energy, commitment and new skills to the work place. Royal Roads University believes that work integrated learning is a three-way partnership between the University, the student and the host organization. The Career Learning and Development office supports a variety of applied learning opportunities that fall under two categories:
- Are a commitment of a minimum 12 week (420 hours) to a maximum of full-time for 6 month work experience: the number of hours and duration that students are available are dependent on each program’s requirements.
- Most programs do not require students to return to classroom studies upon the completion of their internship.
- Students are integrated into positions as an "employee" in a mentored opportunity with a host supervisor.
- Students work in a professional capacity while completing their academic responsibilities under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
- Host employers will offer an equitable salary in relevance to their industry, the role and the student’s experience.
- Host employers are required to complete the RRU Internship Contract, which includes the internship job description.
- Are a commitment of 75-100 on-site hours for a project-based experience: the number of hours and duration that students are available is dependent on each program’s requirements.
- Students increase their understanding in their professional area of interest and gain skills outside of the classroom.
- Students volunteer in a professional capacity while fulfilling predefined academic responsibilities under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
Work Integrated Learning Calendar
Students seeking internships or practicums are available throughout the year, please view the work integrated learning calendar for program areas and student availability or contact Career Learning and Development to learn more about how to engage student talent.